Check Your Understanding: “Set SMART goals to get ahead in your career”
1. Instructions: All questions in this quiz refer to the reading, “Set SMART goals to get ahead in your career.” You are allowed to refer to this reading as you answer these questions. You can open the reading in a new tab by clicking one of the links:
Making a career goal is about planning for the future in your career and ____.
- identifying the steps to reach that goal
- meeting new people
- making more money
2. Which examples from the text are common career goals? Check all that apply.
- Have new experiences
- Make more money
- Move to a new location
- Increase vacation time
- Increase professional knowledge and training
3. Which one of the following is an attainable goal?
- Work as a web designer for 5 years at a small company, then start my own graphic design company.
- Work as a programmer for 5 years, then become President of Google.
4. Which of the following tips from the text will help to reach your goals? Check all that apply.
- Have a partner.
- Give yourself a reward for completed steps.
- Set a deadline.
- Be creative.
- Write your goals.
- Read a book.