Module 2 Quiz >> Cloud Computing Basics (Cloud 101)
1. Which of the following is NOT a feature of IaaS?
- Offerings include virtual servers, desktops, security, and networking.
- Applications are hosted by a third party to offer to customers.
- Involves services that require large investments to deploy, maintain, and upgrade.
- Makes it possible for smaller firms to have the same infrastructure as large firms.
2. The IaaS approach uses _____ to maintain consistency, making it possible to manage hardware like you would manage software.
- development and testing
3. True or False: IaaS provides virtual servers for application hosting.
4. Which of the following feature is an example of Platform as a Service (PaaS)?
- Dynamic, on-demand computing
- Development environments
- Hosted applications
5. Which of the following offers a pay-as-you-go or rental options for enterprise software, as well as enables geographic around-the-clock development using the same investment?
6. When using SaaS, do users need to install the offered software before using it?
7. Which of the following is NOT an example of SaaS?
- Time tracking
- Personalized marketing
- Meeting tools
8. Function as a Service (FaaS) provides an application development environment in the form of ________ .
- runtime services
- data storage
9. True or False: With FaaS, the environment continues to run during idle time, incurring costs.
10. Which of the following are disadvantages to Cloud computing?
- None of the managed services provide accessible data storage options.
- Security can be an issue if the Cloud provider doesn’t take the steps to guard data.
- The ability to move data from the Cloud provider is limited.
- Data is under control of the Cloud provider.