Module 2 Quiz >> Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems
1. A light sensor (photoresistor) is an analog sensor.
2. A microphone is a digital sensor.
3. A push button is an analog sensor.
4. A keyboard is a digital sensor.
5. Which of the following components are actuators? Select all that apply.
- a servo motor
- a thermometer
- an LED
- a CMOS camera
- a heating element
6. The component of an embedded system that executes a program is:
- an FPGA
- an analog-to-digital converter
- a microcontroller
- a sensor/actuator pair
7. An analog-to-digital converter is common in embedded systems because
- many sensors are analog while the microcontroller is digital.
- analog computation is faster than digital.
- analog computation uses less battery power than digital computation.
- digital data is generally more compact than analog.
8. Consider the anti-lock braking system in a car. What are the main sensors and actuators of this system from the perspective of the driver?
- accelerator pedal and turn signal
- gearshift and dashboard monitor
- brake pedal and steering wheel
- brake pedal and brake calipers and pads