Module 3 Quiz >> Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems
1.Under what conditions should an integrated circuit be used in an IoT device?
- When highest performance is required.
- When lowest power is required.
- When the function is already commonly available as an integrated circuit.
- All of the above.
2. Given a choice between implementing a function as an integrated circuit (in hardware) or as a program (in software), what factor needs to be considered the least?
- The cost of manufacturing the integrated circuit.
- The required time to design the integrated circuit vs. the program.
- The performance required of the final product.
- The physical look of the final device.
3. Generally, in a computer-based system, main memory is much larger than cache.
4. What is the fastest type of storage in a computer-based device?
- Main memory
5. Which statement is false?
- A programmer may write assembly code directly if performance is very important.
- High-level languages are generally easier to program in than assembly language.
- Machine language is universal, allowing programs written in machine language to be executed on any microprocessor.
- Assembly code is easier to read than machine code.
6. What does an assembler generate?
- Machine code from assembly code.
- Assembly code from a high-level language.
- Assembly code from machine code.
- Machine code from a high-level language.
7. Compiled code generally executes faster than interpreted code.
8. Which of the following is NOT a benefit of using an operating system?
- Many programs can execute on the same processor at the same time.
- The frequency of the microcontroller clock can be significantly increased.
- The operating system provides a convenient programming interface to the hardware.
- The operating system enables separation between multiple processes.