Module 4 Quiz >> Cloud Computing Basics (Cloud 101)
1. A hosting strategy where software products are installed on the physical hardware,
2. Which of the following are true of Bare-metal computing? Select all that apply.
- There are multiple fixed costs with this approach.
- Admins can make virtual templates of VM images.
- Allows the hardware to be used more efficiently and by more users.
- No virtualization is used.
- Is based on a structure called a pod.
3. True or False? Running Virtual Machines (VMs) makes better use of the existing hardware.
4. With a VM, multiple copies of the VM images can be made, each with their own _______________ and host ID.
- IP address
- virtual template
- virtual network adapter
5. A PaaS product that provides virtualized operating system environments called containers that are 100% independent from each other.
6. A product that automates application deployment, scaling, and maintenance. It is a PaaS container orchestration product that can also be offered as an IaaS.
7. Which of the following are features of On-premises Computing? Select all that apply.
- All hardware is controlled by the firm.
- Computing services are delivered on the firm’s network.
- Is popular in gaming and IoT because responsiveness is critical.
- Can be either private, public, or hybrid.
8. True or False? With Cloud computing, the delivery of the software services can be by a public, private, or virtual private network.
9. Computing services are brought physically closer to the customer. It has evolved into running software and applications, while keeping latency low.
- Cloud Computing
- Edge Computing
10. The cloud uses one or more __________ to execute the software product.
- private networks
- virtual machines