Unit 1, Assessment 1: Self-Assessment of Job Skills and Experience
1. Directions: For each part of the Professional Profile, choose the description that describes you as a job seeker.
Part 1: Education
Choose the description(s) that match your education. Choose all that apply.
- I graduated with a high school diploma
- I am currently a university student (undergraduate)
- I completed an undergraduate degree (B.A. or B.S.)
- I am a graduate student
- I completed a graduate degree (M.A., M.S., or PhD.)
- None of the above
2. Part 2: Work Experience
Choose the statement that describes your current employment status.
- I have a job.
- I do NOT have a job.
3. How many different paid jobs have you had?
- 4 (or more)
4. Write a list of your past jobs and the name of the company/organization you worked for. If you have not had a paid job, write about that.
I Do Not Had Any Paid Job
5. Part 3: Volunteer Experience
Choose the description that best matches your volunteer experience.
- I have volunteer experience.
- I do NOT have volunteer experience.
6. Write a list of your volunteer experiences. Include the name of the organization and describe your duties. If you have not had volunteer experience, write about that.
I do NOT have volunteer experience.
7. Part 4: Special Training
Choose the description that best matches your special training.
- I have a special license for my job.
- I do NOT have a special license for my job.
8. Write a list of any special licenses or certifications that you have. If you do not have any special licenses or certifications, write about that.
I do NOT have a special license for my job.
9. Part 5: Skills
Read the lists of skills and choose a minimum of 3 skills from each group that describe YOUR skills.
Functional Skills (things you can do):
- Write computer code
- Drive a car
- Operate construction equipment
- Use tools
- Read a map
- Use Microsoft Office programm
10. Subject Skills (things you know): Choose at least 3.
- Language Skills
- Art / Music
- Computer Programming
- Car Maintenance
- The Stock Market
11. Personal Trait Skills (ways that you act): Choose at least 3.
- Dependable (good team player)
- Punctual (on time)
- Tactful (good communicator)