Week 3 Quiz >> AI For Everyone
1. Because smart speakers can carry out multiple functions (such as tell a joke, play music, etc.) it is an example of Artificial General Intelligence (AGI).
2. What are the key steps to a smart speaker function?
- Trigger word detection -> speech recognition -> intent recognition -> command execution.
- Trigger detection -> intent recognition -> speech recognition -> command execution.
- Speech recognition → Trigger word detection -> intent recognition -> command execution.
- Trigger word detection -> intent recognition -> speech recognition -> command execution.
3. Consider this system for building a self-driving car:
- Supervised learning
- Reinforcement learning
- A motion planning algorithm
4. Suppose you are building a trigger word detection system, and want to hire someone to build a system to map from Inputs A (audio clip) to Outputs B (whether the trigger word was said), using existing AI technology. Out of the list below, which of the following hires would be most suitable for writing this software?
- AI Product Manager
- Data engineer
- Machine learning engineer
- Machine learning researcher
5. What is the first step in the AI Transformation Playbook for helping your company become good at AI?
- Build an in-house AI team
- Provide broad AI training
- Develop an AI strategy
- Execute pilot projects to gain momentum
6. Of the following options, which is the most important trait of your first pilot project?
- Succeed and show traction within 6-10 months
- Drive extremely high value for the business
- Be executed by an in-house team
- None of the above
7. Say you are building a smart speaker, and want to accumulate data for your product through having many users. Which of these represents the “Virtuous circle of AI” for this product?
- (A) ✅
8. Why is developing an AI strategy NOT the first step in the AI Transformation Playbook?
- When transforming a company into an AI company, one does not need a strategy, therefore it can’t be the first step.
- The strategy should be to use the Virtuous Circle of AI, which comes after building a product.
- There is no reason. Developing an AI strategy IS the first step in the AI Transformation Playbook.
- Without having some practical AI experience and knowing what it feels like to build an AI project, a company usually does not know enough to formulate a sound strategy.
9. According to the AI Transformation Playbook, broad AI training needs to be provided not only to engineers, but also to executives/senior business leaders and to leaders of divisions working on AI projects.
10. Which of the following are AI pitfalls to avoid? (Select all that apply)
- Expecting traditional planning processes to apply without changes
- Expecting AI based projects to work the first time
- Expecting AI to solve everything
- Pairing engineering talent with business talent to identify feasible and valuable projects.