Becoming a Stakeholder Entrepreneur >> New Models of Business in Society
1. There are new models of business in society emerging that are both making money and making the world a better place.
2. In the new stories of business that were discussed, the responsibility of building sustainable value belongs only to environmentalists so businesses should have no concern for the environment.
3. Select the roles that individuals can have in helping business make society a better place: (Select all that apply)
- As an entrepreneur
- As a customer
- As a citizen and community member
- As a student of an online course about how business can create value for society
- As an employee
- As an investor
4. The stakeholder theory suggests that the purpose of business is to create value for all stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, employees, communities and shareholders.
5. The models of corporate philanthropy and corporate social responsibility that are in existence today are the ONLY options that companies have to add value to society.