Lesson #18 Quiz >> Financial Markets
1. What does the term “democratization of finance” mean?
- It should benefit the oldest people; not the young.
- It should benefit the youngest people; not the old.
- It should benefit real people; everyone, not just the rich.
- It should benefit rich people; not the poor.
2. What is ‘odious’ debt?
- standard debt raised by corporations, to create new products.
- illegitimate debt raised by corporations
- Illegitimate debt raised by government, used for ill purposes against the will of the people.
- standard debt raised by government
3. Malthus contended that:
- Poverty causes resource depletion rather than the reverse.
- By providing additional workers human population growth enhanced economic development.
- All of the above.
- Human population can grow faster than humans can produce commensurate amounts of food.
4. Malthus contented that population, when unchecked, increased in a ______ ratio; and subsistence for man in an _______ ratio.
- linear; geometrical
- arithmetical; geometrical
- arithmetical; linear
- geometrical; arithmetical
5. What are some reasons that inequality exists? (check all that apply)
- failure to democratize finance.
- Political power
- Unmanaged risks