Mapping the Journey: Crafting a Content Marketing Strategy >> The Strategy Of Content Marketing
1. What is the key to effective content marketing with regards to the buyer’s journey?
- To make buyer’s laugh before they commit to buying
- To use your content to tell the customer why you are better than the competition
- Using content to sell a potential buyer at the first step in the buyer’s journey
- Showing up early enough in that journey and then stepping into a role of value and helpfulness, as opposed to straight out sales pitches.
2. Most marketing fails because companies are too consumed with telling customers to look at them and pitch a sale while not providing enough value to the prospective buyer first.
3. Content today has shifted from promising the buyer an experience to actually using the content to create an experience for the buyer before they even buy.
4. Which two maps are tools used in effective mapping for content marketing?
- Experience and Journey Maps
- Experience and Apathy Maps
- Empathy and Experience Maps
- Empathy and Apathy Maps
5. Which of the following are quadrants of an empathy map? (Select all that apply.)
6. What is the purpose of an empathy map?
- To develop a visual map of your customer to show your boss
- To put yourself in your customer’s shoes to understand their pains and desires
- To create a calendar for when your content should be published
- To decide which online channels your content should be published
7. Which of the following is the best definition of experience mapping?
- Identifying both the highs and the lows people feel while interacting with your product or service
- Identifying the experience you and your company take to reach buyers
- A visually appealing illustration demonstrating your customer’s first engagement to their point of purchase
8. Which are the 3 key tips to creating a usable experience map? (Select all that apply.)
- Keep it colorful
- Generate a list of actions to take
- Keep it self-contained
- Keep it simple
9. What are the two key elements to creating irresistible content?
- Meaning and Imagination
- Fascination and Motivation
- Motivation and Meaning
- Meaning and Fascination
10. What is one strategy for making a “how-to” article irresistible?
- Make it as specific as possible
- Make it as long as possible
- Make it as generic as possible
- Make it as short as possible
11. Making a promise in your headline and fulfilling the promise in your content can make your content irresistible.