Module 2 Quiz >> Initiating and Planning Projects
1.True or False: A Project is defined as being unique and temporary, with an undefined start and finish.
2. We discussed three types of matrix organizations, they are:
- Weak, Medium Strength and Strong
- Weak, Balanced and Strong
- Light, Medium and Heavy
- Light, Mid-strength and Strong
3. In a projectized organization:
- A project manager is not assigned to the team.
- The functional manager has all of the power.
- The project manager acts as manager of the team.
- Team members are never assigned to the project full time.
4. True or False: The best organization to use to run a project will always be the projectized organization.
5. The five project management process groups as described in the PMBOK® Guide and discussed in the preceding lesson are:
- Define, measure, analyze, improve, control
- Kickoff, requirements, plan, schedule, control
- Initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, closing
- Requirements, design, development, testing, implementation
6. The three components of the triple constraint are:
- Scope, Performance, Time
- Scope, Performance, Cost
- Scope, Quality, Cost
- Scope, Cost, Time
7. You have finished planning and have begun executing the project when the client asks if you would add some important features to the product of the project. How are the triple constraints affected?
- Scope and quality would be affected but not cost
- Time and cost may both be affected
- Adding features will require additional cost but not time
- Cost must remain constant because resources are limited
8. The primary role of the project manager is:
- Distributing work packages
- Project initiation
- Measuring performance
9. As discussed in the preceding lesson, The PMBOK® Guide knowledge areas that have processes in the Initiating process group are:
- Project Integration Management and Project Time Management
- Project Integration Management and Project Quality Management
- Project Integration Management and Project Stakeholder Management
- Project Integration Management and Project Scope Management
10. As discussed in the preceding lesson, The PMBOK® Guide describes 10 Project Management Knowledge Areas. Identify 3 out of the 10:
- Cost, Integration, Process
- Cost, Scope, Time
- Contracts, Process, Risk
- Quality, Process, Scope