Module 3 Review Quiz >> Marketing in a Digital World
1. How does our digital marketing environment impact placement?
- Shift from long distribution channels for physical goods to short distribution channel for digital goods
- Higher cost for transportation and logistics
- Increasing number of channel members
- None of the above
2. Digital tools such as 3D printers have the potential to shrink the supply chain and replace retailers:
3. Which of the following is NOT observed in the new retailing landscape?
- Retailers are adapting to omnichannel marketing to blend physical and digital retail in an effective marketing strategy.
- Online retailing is heavily influenced by location such as a small town (Champaign) or a big city (Chicago).
- Physical retailing is most effective in terms of conducting product research and getting the best price.
- Digital retail channels provide a considerable amount of product information, extensive technical information, and user reviews that influence and help consumers make their purchases online.
4. What is the advantage of the Power of Touch for physical stores?
- Helps retailers lower the cost of goods sold
- Increases customer retention
- Helps keep customers in a store for a longer period of time
- Sells slow-moving products
5. 3D printers create products in an additive manner:
6. How can 3D printers disrupt traditional businesses?
- They can turn the physical good into a digital file that can be created by anyone
- 3D printers can significantly lower the cost of manufacturing
- 3D printing may be a threat to logistics companies
- All of the above
7. Why do physical stores use a Marketing to Shoppers strategy?
- To understand and influence customer behavior
- To keep the customers in-store for a longer period
- To promote self-service
- All of the above
8. Which of the following is NOT true about 3D printers?
- It requires high set-up costs
- This technology allows users to make complex assembled objects
- Different materials such as metal, plastic, and rubber can be 3D printed
- It allows a small manufacturer to compete with a large corporation
9. Which of the following is NOT an example of Enhancing the physical by adding the Digital?
- Using high-tech hangers that display the number of “likes” received by an item from the customers in a clothing store
- Virtual store where a customer can make purchases and pick up later at a physical store
- Increasing the number of electronic devices sold in a store
- Installing augmented reality devices that allows customers to see themselves in different makeup in a beauty store
10. According to the reading, McCue, TJ. (2015, July 21). 3D printing is changing the way we think. Harvard Business Review, how can the tipping point of 3D printing be reached?
- When big companies install this technology and start using it widely.
- When the tipping point can be reached once the technology’s overall output rises.
- When the technology becomes accessible in the large number of neighborhoods.
- It happens when enough people see a huge potential and new possibilities of this technology.