Networks and Sockets >> Using Python to Access Web Data
1. What do we call it when a browser uses the HTTP protocol to load a file or page from a server and display it in the browser?
- Internet Protocol (IP)
- The Request/Response Cycle
2. Which of the following is most similar to a TCP port number?
- The GPS coordinates of a building
- The distance between two locations
- A telephone number
- A telephone extension
- A street number in an address
3. What must you do in Python before opening a socket?
- _socket = true
- import tcp
- open socket
- import socket
- import tcp-socket
4. In a client-server application on the web using sockets, which must come up first?
- it does not matter
5. Which of the following is most like an open socket in an application?
- An “in-progress” phone conversation
- Fiber optic cables
- The wheels on an automobile
- The chain on a bicycle
- The ringer on a telephone
6. What does the “H” of HTTP stand for?
7. What is an important aspect of an Application Layer protocol like HTTP?
- How long do we wait before packets are retransmitted?
- How much memory does the server need to serve requests?
- What is the IP address for a domain like www.dr-chuck.com?
- Which application talks first? The client or server?
8. What are the three parts of this URL (Uniform Resource Locator)?
x = 'From: Using the : character'
y = re.findall('^F.+:', x)
- Protocol, host, and document
- Page, offset, and count
- Document, page, and protocol
- Host, offset, and page
- Protocol, document, and offset
9. When you click on an anchor tag in a web page like below, what HTTP request is sent to the server?
10. Which organization publishes Internet Protocol Standards?
From [email protected] Sat Jan 5 09:14:16 2008