Foundations for Big Data >> Introduction to Big Data
1. Which of the following is the best description of why it is important to learn about the foundations for big data?
- Foundations is all that is required to show a mastery of big data concepts.
- Foundations help you revisit calculus concepts required in the understanding of big data.
- Foundations stand the test of time.
- Foundations allow for the understanding of practical concepts in Hadoop.
2. What is the benefit of a commodity cluster?
- Much faster than a traditional super computer.
- Prevents individual component failures.
- Prevents network connection failure.
- Cost Effective
3.What is a way to enable fault tolerance?
- Data-Parallel Job Restart
- Distributed Computing
- System Wide Restart
- Better LAN Connection
4. What are the specific benefit(s) to a distributed file system?
- Large Storage
- High Concurrency
- Data Scalability
- High Fault Tolerance
5. Which of the following are general requirements for a programming language in order to support big data models?
- Optimization of Specific Data Types
- Utilize Map Reduction Methods
- Support Big Data Operations
- Enable Adding of More Racks
- Handle Fault Tolerance