Applications >> Customer Analytics
1. Which type of data provides the most granular level of information about a given individual’s customer behavior?
- aggregate tracking data for the websites that the person frequently visits
- market-level sales from where they live
- household-level scanner data from their home
- store-level data of the stores that they frequent
2.Which of the following is the biggest challenge to solving the “advertising attribution problem”?
- There is not significant industry interest, hence no funding available.
- Most websites don’t keep a record of customer visits.
- There is not enough digital advertising so that the data is sparse.
- Tracking customers across digital properties is difficult.
3. When setting optimal prices, which of the following is a concern when utilizing a regression of observed sales on observed prices to set them?
- Past observed prices are not randomly set.
- All of these answers apply.
- Future prices might be outside the range of past prices.
- There is not enough variation in observed prices.
4. Which of the following is not a method used to track customers across webpages?
- Cookie insertion
- IP address tracking
- Pop-up advertising
- Registered user login
5. Which of the following are threats to Amazons’s use of advanced predictive shipping?
- Lack of data at the individual customer level
- None of the answers are correct
- A lack of local distribution centers
- An inability to do prediction at the individual customer level
6. What technology is Comcast using to improve customer satisfaction?
- Social Network Scraping
- Software that reads customer intonation
- GPS Tracking
- Eye-tracking data
7. Which of the following customers would have a higher expected customer lifetime value?
- A customer who spends $150 per year, but has a 20% churn propensity per year.
- A customer who spends $250 per year but has a 40% churn propensity per year.
- A customer who spends $100 per year, but has a 10% churn propensity per year.
- A customer who spends $200 per year, but has a 30% churn propensity per year.
8. Which of the following statements are correct?
- None of these statements is always true.
- The most valuable customers to a firm in the future are those with the lowest propensity to churn in the future.
- The most valuable customers to a firm in the future are those that currently spend the most.
- The most valuable customers to a firm in the future are those with the highest referral value.
9. When targeting customers for optimal marketing, which of the following rank ordering of customers from highest to lowest is most appropriate to determine which customers to target?
- Highest to lowest CLV
- Highest to lowest time with the firm
- Highest to lowest marketing effectiveness
- Highest to lowest current period spend
10. Which of the following is GPS-based tracking likely to enable firms to do?
- Lower churn rates
- Provide targeted advertisements at optimal times
- Raise CLV
- All of these are correct