Lesson #17 Quiz >> Financial Markets
1. The percentage of the workforce in nonprofit organizations is:
- About the same in both emerging and advanced economies.
- Higher in advanced economies.
- Higher in emerging economies.
- Very small if advanced economies.
2. Which of the following are examples for nonprofit organizations? (check all that apply)
- Dean Karlan’s Innovations for Poverty Action.
- Robert Shiller’s Case Shiller Weiss Incorporated
- Peter Tufano’s Doorways to Dreams.
- Wendy Kopp’s Teach for America.
3. The main differences between cooperatives and nonprofit organizations are: (check all that apply)
- Cooperatives do not have the maximization of profits as the very first objective.
- There are no fundamental differences between cooperatives and nonprofit organizations, the unique difference is their different legal treatment.
- Cooperatives have a specific voting system for its members.
- Cooperatives may distribute profits.
4. Which of the following tend to be true for cooperatives? (check all that apply)
- Cooperatives aim to maximize the welfare of the group.
- Cooperatives are rarely successful.
- Cooperatives aim to maximize the profits for the group.
- Cooperatives tend to charge higher prices or lower wages to their employees.
5. A benefit corporation is halfway between:
- None of the above.
- Not-or-profit organizations and cooperatives.
- For-profit organizations and cooperatives.
- For-profit and not-for-profit organizations.