Module 5 Quiz >> Initiating and Planning Projects
1. True or False: Influence means you have the right to apply resources, make decisions and give approvals.
2. Which one of these is an example of role conflict:
- When a team member is late completing a task.
- When a team member does not know how to do his or her job.
- When a team member does not know why he or she should do something.
- When two team members are trying to complete the same task.
- members disagree on how to solve a project issue. They express their disagreement and then engage in a professional debate. This is an example of
3. Two team members disagree on how to solve a project issue. They express their disagreement and then engage in a professional debate. This is an example of:
- Unrealistic conflict.
- Healthy conflict.
- Unproductive conflict.
- Unhealthy conflict.
4. You and another project manager disagree over whether a team member should work on your team or on her team. You decide that the team member can work for the other project manager in the afternoon and the other project manager says it is OK for the team member to work for you in the morning. The truth is you both wanted this person fulltime. The conflict resolution approach you have both used is:
5. True or False: Conflict management is the process by which the project manager uses appropriate managerial techniques to deal with the inevitable disagreements that develop among those working toward project accomplishment.
6. Some of the major sources of conflict that a project manager may influence are:
- Personality conflict, schedules, resources
- Project management, project priorities, project team
- Project charter, schedules, resources
- Personality conflict, network diagram, resources
7. What are the 5 approaches to conflict discussed in the Project Human Resources Management Lesson?
- Confronting, Challenging, Smoothing, Forcing, Avoiding.
- Communicating, Compromising, Smoothing, Forcing, Avoiding.
- Confronting, Compromising, Smoothing, Uninterested, Challenging.
- Confronting, Compromising, Smoothing, Forcing, Avoiding.
8. True or False: Project Human Resource Management includes the processes that organize, manage, and lead the project team.
9. True or False: Each person involved in the project should be assigned, but doesn’t always need to know his or her role and responsibility.
10. What does RAM stand for:
- Responsibility Activity Matrix
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- Responsibility Action Matrix
- Responsibility Ambiguity Matrix