Module 1 Quiz >> Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems
1. My watch displays the current weather downloaded from the Internet. My watch is an IoT device.
2. Which of the following could be an IoT device?
- a lamp
- a couch
- a pen
- all of the above
3. An IoT device can most easily be differentiated from a standard computer based on
- computational performance
- memory capacity
- interface with the user and the world
4.The following trend is NOT related to the growth in IoT technology:
- Increase in computer monitor size over time.
- Increase in computer performance over time.
- Decrease in computer size over time.
- Decrease in computer cost over time.
5. IoT devices are likely to be more vulnerable to cyberattacks than standard computers.
6. Which of these security approaches is feasible for most IoT devices?
- Use of anti-virus software.
- Use of an internal firewall.
- Regular installation of product firmware updates.
- Complete separation of the device from the Internet.
7. IoT devices gather private information about users. Which statement is most true about the security of that data?
- Users can ensure security of collected data by encrypting it manually.
- Users must rely on data-collecting agencies to securely store and transmit their data.
- Users can sue data collecting agencies if their data is not held securely.
- Most data gathered by IoT devices is safe because IoT devices are not a target of hackers.
8. Although people are aware of the dangers of cyberattacks, they often do not understand the risks to IoT devices.